Data security in label printing
Karlsruhe, Germany | May 25, 2023
Modern manufacture sees marking systems work autonomous, interact among each other, with host computers or a plant control unit. Data security is a key issue. The integration of components, their administration and authentification are sensitive tasks demanded from the corporate IT. cab SQUIX, MACH 4S, EOS, AXON, XD Q, XC Q, HERMES Q, PX Q and IXOR systems developed for printing and applying labels provide proper features by default, fairly protecting data in a network.
- Permissions can be assigned to users and restricted by passwords.
- Access to network services (HTTP, FTP, VNC, OPC UA etc.) is possible only for users with authorization. Network services can be switched on or off.
- Wireless interfaces (WLAN, Bluetooth) can be switched on or off. WPA2 and WPA2 Enterprise levels of security are supported.
- Firmware updates are verified for integrity before installation.
- Network protocols can be encrypted using TLS/SSL. To connect securely in a network, a certificate as required is installed in the device ex factory.
- Printers in a network can be authorized securely. IEEE 802.1X network standard is supported.
- USB slots can be locked and access to external storage media be denied.
All the current cab printing systems are based on the same electronics and firmware. The printer language is the same, so are interfaces and memory. Any further developed operating system or driver is available immediately on every device. Resets to default settings are PIN-protected.
For further information on cab systems see www.cab.de/en
cab is Europe’s biggest manufacturer of label printing systems. The range of devices includes solutions for marking individual components, units, products or packaging. Healthy global growth, pioneering technologies, products designed according to the needs of operators and the competent support of all customers are prior goals of the company. Employees at locations in eight countries and more than 800 distribution and service partners around the globe are there to meet the targets.
cab Produkttechnik GmbH & Co KG
Marketing, Technical Editing
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 6626-285