How to clean print head at MACH1/MACH2 label printers?
Substances may accumulate on the printhead during printing and adversely affect printing, e.g. differences in contrast or vertical stripes. Therefore it is important to clean the thermal printhead regularly. This guarantees a consistently good printed image and plays a major part in preventing premature wear of the printhead.
• direct thermal printing - every media roll change
• thermal transfer printing - every ribbon roll change
Attention! Printhead can be damaged!
• Do not use sharp or hard objects to clean the printhead
• Do not touch protective glass layer of the printhead
• Risk of injury from the hot printhead line
• Ensure that the printhead has cooled down before starting cleaning
Cleaning the printhead
• Open printer
• Remove labels and transfer ribbon from the printer
• Clean printhead surface with a cotton swab dipped in pure alcohol
• Allow printhead to dry for 2–3 minutes before commissioning the printer
Please also view following video:
MACH1/MACH2: Cleaning print head
Tags: mach1,mach2,print head
Ultima modifica dell’articolo: 08.08.2018 - 13:54
- cab video tutorial: how to insert labels in SQUIX 4 MT label printers?
- What’s the reason for adhesive ooze on a label?
- cab video tutorial: How do I change a print head at A4+?
- cab video tutorial: How to clean the gap sensor of the MACH 4S?
- cab video tutorial: how to insert labels in SQUIX label printers (peel-off version)?