Labelexpo 2017: Full range of cab printers
Karlsruhe/Germany, September 12, 2017
Europe‘s largest manufacturer of label printing systems cab presents multiple marking solutions at the Labelexpo (September 25 to 28, 2017, Brussels). As for label printers, devices range from compact desktop printers to industrial devices designed for 6“ print applications. In addition, there are printers for two-color and double-sided printing. In matters of P&A, Hermes systems with different modules to automatically apply a label are assembled on a conveyor belt.
Dirk Roland, Deputy Sales Director Label Printing Systems at cab, says. "Users from all over the world are heading for Brussels. Depending on the industry and application, they have different requirements in their minds. It therefore makes sense to show the full range of printers for any marking purpose. These are devices and peripherals to consistently meet the highest standards of quality, reliability and accuracy".
Label printing solutions shown at the trade show
- Desktop printers MACH1 and MACH2 for small duty applications for example in the office. The basic device MACH1 for 127 mm/s maximum print speed offers control buttons and a LED signal light. The MACH2 provided with a color display and navigator pad is able to print with 177 mm/s. cab presents both devices connected to a laptop.
- As with the MACH1 and MACH2, also with their big brother MACH 4S label rolls and ribbons are inserted from top in a centered position in the device. A 800 MHz processor makes the MACH 4S the power package of all cab toploaders. 300 mm/s maximum print speed is possible.
- Viewed from the outside, EOS1 and EOS4 are small printers. However, they have interior features usually known only from large industrial printers. cab presents the EOS1 Mobile model for mobile use with a battery optimized by cab. As for the EOS4 showroom model, a cutter separates the labels after printing.
- In case of the industrial SQUIX printers, cab provides accessories for any possible application. At the Labelexpo, an applicator to automatically transfer labels, as well as present sensors, a compact external keyboard as well as a barcode scanner are in exemplary use with 4" and 6" printers. In addition, a perforation cutter perforates the printed material in order to simplify manual separation.
- cab’s label printer XC6 is especially assigned to users from the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. It is possible to print with two colors in one operation, according to valid GHS guidelines. In case a label is only partially printed, the ribbon stops during label feed. This automatic saving method significantly reduces material consumption.
- In the XD4T printers typology ”T“ is for textile. It is possible to print on textile tapes as well as on cardboard labels, pressed tubes and continuous paper and plastic materials. cab will demonstrate on site how proper accessories enable to cut and stack the material after printing.
P&A solutions shown at the trade show
Since 1998, cab in addition to label printing systems develops and manufactures machines for automated print and apply in industrial production. The modular construction of these systems (Hermes+ for one-color printing, Hermes C for two-color printing) enables cab to provide an economical solution for any demand. As for the Labelexpo, cab is going to demonstrate various possibilities for label application along a conveyor belt. Depending from the application, labels are going to be applied onto a product with a stroke cylinder, on the side of a product while it is in motion, rolled up from a vacuum belt or blown onto a product with a powerful blast of air.
Labelexpo, September 25 to 28, 2017, Brussels
cab booth 9A14
For further information see www.cab.de/en/labelexpo
Images (ZIP file; 11,7 MB)
cab is Europe’s leading manufacturer of devices and systems labeling on components, products and packaging. Healthy global growth, both technical and functional lead and competent customer support are prior goals of the company. There are 350 employees in Germany and in seven subsidiaries abroad as well as 820 distribution partners in more than 80 countries to meet the targets.